Take NRDC ‘s Green list, Laurie David’s list, and Times 2007 Global Warming Survival Guide. Mix altogether, and sift through for the big items, and you will come up with a list like this. The last two items, I had to add.
- Install solar on your roof
- Buy a hybrid car
- Switch to double pane windows
- Insulate your walls and ceilings
- Replace old appliances with Energy Star appliances
- Switch to a tankless water heater
- Have a green wedding
- Pick a job close to home
- Pick a green mate
- Have only one child
I am doing pretty well according to the list, except for the tankless water heater, and the two children. Green Guru says he has been thinking about the tankless water heater. Apparently it is not so easy finding an installer. I will let him deal with that one.